From innovation to deployment
World ATM Congress, Madrid, Spain
12 – 14 March 2019
Get a taste of the transformation that is underway in air traffic management thanks to SESAR stakeholders, members and partners through a series of events and walking tours at the World ATM Congress 2019
Organised jointly by the SESAR Deployment Manager and the SESAR Joint Undertaking, the walking tours will give visitors an opportunity to meet with experts from the SESAR community and see first-hand the wide variety of solutions that are being delivered and deployed across Europe.
The walking tours will take place within the context of a range of activities organised by European aviation partners under the umbrella theme of “Europe For Aviation”.
Discover our Walking Tours
Register for free
The SDA is a “Not-for-Profit” International Association (AISBL) set-up under Belgian Law and composed of leading airlines, airports and air navigation service providers – the managers and users of Europe’s airspace. They are committed to the principle of the Single European Sky and to deploying the technologies that will deliver it to create customer and environmental efficiencies.
The EC selected the SDA to fulfil the SESAR Deployment Manager (SDM) function from 5th of December 2014. The role of SDM is specified by the Article 9 of Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) No 409/2013.
We are currently seeking a ANSP Technical Expert AF 5.
Click here to download the ANSP Technical Expert AF5 Role Description
If you think you have the skills and experience, we are looking for please send your candidature to firstname.lastname@example.org is midnight CET on Tuesday, 12 March, 2019.
As with interviews scheduled to take place as from week commencing Monday, 25 March 2019in Brussels or via Webex call.
“Europe for Aviation”is the theme around which European aviation organisations working to implement the Single European Sky (SES) will gather at this year’s World ATM Congress, from 12 to 14 March in Madrid, Spain.
Strong collaboration between European aviation organisations (civil and military) is proving key to generating growth for the industry and to meeting the passenger demand for safer, smarter, greener and more seamless air travel, in line with the EU Aviation Strategy.
Over the course of the three-day Congress, these organisations will come together to show how through collaboration they can go much further in tackling pressing challenges, such as air traffic delays and congestion, drone integration, digital transformation and cyber security.
The “Europe for Aviation”stand and theatre (#849 and #1151) will host a wide range of debates, presentations and guided walking tours, illustrating the collaboration in action between European aviation organisations working to implement SES, namely the European Commission, EUROCONTROL, SESAR Joint Undertaking (SESAR JU), SESAR Deployment Manager (SESAR DM), European Aviation Safety Agency, European Defence Agency, Innovation and Networks Executive Agency (INEA), and EUROCAE. In doing so, the organisations will show how between them they cover the full project management cycle from policy and funding to research and deployment.
Look out for:
- Official opening by Director General of DG MOVE, Henrik Hololei with the Executive Directors/Director Generals of each of the participating organisations.
- Single European Sky Awards ceremony (#SESAwards) followed by a networking drink (12 March, 16:20).
- Panel debate sessions on the looming capacity crunch, global interoperability, civil-military collaboration, standardisation, and the future of the Single European Sky.
- Technical sessions on U-space and drone integration, communications navigation and surveillance (CNS), datalink services implementation, digital transformationand cybersecurity.
- A series of SESAR walking tours on the latest technological advances underway by SESAR partners, and their status in terms of research and development, and deployment.
- Dedicated stand for networking with SES partners, featuring interactive and virtual reality experiences.
Register as exhibitor visitor at the Congress and gain free access to the “Europe for Aviation”stand and theatre.
Follow #EuropeForAviation for updates from: