Questions and Answers page
Please use the search and category filters to find what you’re looking for.
Stakeholders may contact SDM with questions by clicking the Ask question button. The SDM Q&A page will be updated regularly with new questions and answers
- Data Link Services
- INEA CEF Calls 2016
- Previous INEA CEF Calls (2014 and 2015)
- SDM General
- Cooperative Arrangements
- Deployment Programme
- Stakeholders Consultation Platform
You can also find a Glossary here…
- Network Manager and SESAR DM formalise strong cooperation at World ATM Congress 2017
- World ATM Congress Deployment slides available here
- SESAR projects recognised in 2017 Single European Sky awards
- SESAR AND PARTNERS @ WORLD ATM CONGRESS
- 2017 CEF Transport Blending Call for Proposals: 40m euro co-funding available for your SESAR projects
What will be the role of the Deployment Manager in Datalink? Is the SDM considering the installation of a data link programme manager and if yes when is this going to take place? There is as well a need for program manager for the SPI or and the CVS (8.33) IRs.
Between the EC and SDM it is agreed that on the subject of Data-Link Services (DLS) implementation:
1) The first full Deployment Programme (DP V1) to be delivered to EC for its approval in June 2015 with the objective to steer the CEF Calls for Proposals expected at the end of 2015 will only address DLS in its monitoring part, ensuring continuity with IDSG’s monitoring for DLS.
2) SDM’s project view for DLS implementation will be introduced in the second version of the full Deployment Programme (DP V2) to be delivered to EC for its approval in June 2016 with the objective to steer the CEF Calls for Proposals expected at the end of 2016. The main reason for postponing DLS’ project view to DP V2 in June 2016 is that SDM remains dependent on SJU’s planning for validating EASA’s technical recommendation. SJU’s validation is expected by June 2016.
It is underlined that SDM will act with respect to DLS as for any other enabler to PCP ATM functionalities. DLS represents an extension of SDM’s scope. It is not an area in which the SDM will play a special role.
SDM has not been requested to play any specific role with respect to SPI or CVS Implementing Regulations. When those Regulations have common enablers with the PCP Regulation, SDM will play its role as defined in Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) No 409/2013.
|ANSP||Air Navigation Service Provider|
|ATM||Air Traffic Management|
|CEF||Connecting Europe Facility|
|CfP||Call for Proposals|
|DLS||Data Link Services|
|EASCG||European ATM Standards Coordination Group|
|EASA||European Aviation Safety Agency|
|EDA||European Defence Agency|
|ESSIP||European Single Sky Implementation|
|EUROCAE||European Organisation for Civil Aviation Equipment|
|FUA||Flexible Use of Airspace|
|IDSG||Interim Deployment Steering Group|
|INEA||Innovation and Networks Executive Agency|
|MD||Managing Director of the SESAR Deployment Manager|
|NOP||Network Operations Plan|
|NSA||National Safety Authority|
|PDP||Preliminary Deployment Programme|
|PRB||Performance Review Body|
|SESAR||Single European Sky ATM Research|
|SB||Supervisory Board of the SESAR Deployment Manager|
|SCP||Stakeholders’ Consultation Platform of the SESAR Deployment Manager|
|SDM||SESAR Deployment Manager|
|SG||Steering Group of the SCP|
|TS||Thematic Sub-Group (=”Expert Group”) of SCP|