Questions and Answers page
Please use the search and category filters to find what you’re looking for.
Stakeholders may contact SDM with questions by clicking the Ask question button. The SDM Q&A page will be updated regularly with new questions and answers
- Data Link Services
- INEA CEF Calls 2016
- Previous INEA CEF Calls (2014 and 2015)
- SDM General
- Cooperative Arrangements
- Deployment Programme
- Stakeholders Consultation Platform
You can also find a Glossary here…
- SESAR DEPLOYMENT MANAGER SIGNS MoU WITH MANUFACTURING INDUSTRY
- Network Manager and SESAR DM formalise strong cooperation at World ATM Congress 2017
- World ATM Congress Deployment slides available here
- SESAR projects recognised in 2017 Single European Sky awards
- SESAR AND PARTNERS @ WORLD ATM CONGRESS
Regulation (EU) No 1316/2013 establishing the Connecting Europe Facility determines the conditions, methods and procedures for providing Union financial assistance to trans-European networks in order to support projects of common interest in the sectors of transport, telecommunications and energy infrastructures. A single model grant agreement for the three CEF sectors provides consistency, rationalisation and equal treatment.
The use of Grant Agreements instead of Commission decisions has been decided by the responsible Commission Services for the following reasons:
– Grant Agreements are enforceable outside the EU to participants from third countries, as provided for under the CEF Regulation, while Grant Decisions are not legally enforceable outside the EU.
– Administrative simplification: all amendments to the Grant Agreement during the life-time of the Action will be signed by the Agency and formal consultation with other Commission Services is no longer needed.
The form of a Grant Agreement, already used in many other EU Programmes, is well suited to cover complex Actions involving many beneficiaries.
The model agreement for CEF has been developed on the basis of the model used by the Commission for all EU Programmes following the Financial Regulations approved by the European Parliament and the Council. This model was approved by all relevant Commission Services. Any modification would require the approval of the same Commission Services, including the three Commission Directorate-Generals responsible for the CEF Programme.
The Model Grant Agreement sets terms and conditions for EU grants management under CEF, in line with the EU Financial Regulation and CEF Regulation, both adopted under the ordinary legislative procedure, thus with the full involvement of the Member State as co-legislator.
|ANSP||Air Navigation Service Provider|
|ATM||Air Traffic Management|
|CEF||Connecting Europe Facility|
|CfP||Call for Proposals|
|DLS||Data Link Services|
|EASCG||European ATM Standards Coordination Group|
|EASA||European Aviation Safety Agency|
|EDA||European Defence Agency|
|ESSIP||European Single Sky Implementation|
|EUROCAE||European Organisation for Civil Aviation Equipment|
|FUA||Flexible Use of Airspace|
|IDSG||Interim Deployment Steering Group|
|INEA||Innovation and Networks Executive Agency|
|MD||Managing Director of the SESAR Deployment Manager|
|NOP||Network Operations Plan|
|NSA||National Safety Authority|
|PDP||Preliminary Deployment Programme|
|PRB||Performance Review Body|
|SESAR||Single European Sky ATM Research|
|SB||Supervisory Board of the SESAR Deployment Manager|
|SCP||Stakeholders’ Consultation Platform of the SESAR Deployment Manager|
|SDM||SESAR Deployment Manager|
|SG||Steering Group of the SCP|
|TS||Thematic Sub-Group (=”Expert Group”) of SCP|